Resources and Links
Advocacy and Consumer Groups
- Australian Indigenous Health InfoNet The Indigenous eye health web resource is a 'one-stop info-shop' for people working, studying, or interested in the eye health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Blind Citizens Australia The peak consumer body representing people who are blind and vision impaired people.
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome Foundation Dedicated to assisting people affected by Charles Bonnet Syndrome.
- Council on the Ageing (WA) Provides a range of services to Seniors in Western Australia, including insurance and computer training.
- Diabetes WA Minimising the impact of diabetes on the West Australian community.
- Glaucoma Support Group of WA Meets bi-monthly and provides peer support for people who have glaucoma.
- Lions Eye Institute Provides research and education into prevention of sight loss.
- Macular Degeneration Foundation Australia Information regarding this most common cause of age-related vision loss.
- Media Access Australia This site provides a comprehensive view on what's happening in relation to access to media, such as cinema, TV, new media and more, for people who are blind or vision impaired, both in Australia and internationally.
- Retina Australia (WA) Inc A website providing information and resources for the eye condition Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Vision Australia is a national not for profit organisation providing services, facilities, and information to people who are vision impaired.
Western Australian Government Agencies
Suppliers of Equipment for Daily Living
Technology Tools and Suppliers
- W3C Web - Content Accessibility Guidelines
- WebXACT - Use this tool to test your website to find out how accessible it is for people who are blind or vision impaired.
- Freedom Scientific - Manufacturer of assistive technology for people who are blind or vision impaired, including Jaws and Magic
- AI Squared - Makers of Zoomtext, BigShot and other low vision software.