Training and Workshops
Accessible Word Documents
We conduct workshops on how to create accessible word documents that can be easily read by people living with a disability.
We will take your through a step-by-step demonstration, introducing you to techniques to help ensure that our documents will be accessible to everyone.
Braille is a written language that uses a combination of six dots. We offer Braille classes each week on Mondays and Tuesdays, where you can learn Braille, improve your Braille skills or join a reading group.
Our Braille for the Sighted course is for people who have family members or friends with a vision impairment; employees who provide services to people with a vision impairment; education assistants and people who want to become volunteer Braille transcribers.
For further information call the Assistive Technology Team on 1800 847 466.
Training package resources for Microsoft Office 2010 are available for individual purchase. Each training package consists of a comprehensive manual and associated documents. These resources are also available for Microsoft Office 2007.
Sample Packages – Beginner’s Level
- Email using Outlook 2010 [doc, 130kb]
- Word 2010 Basics [doc, 155kb]
- Operate a personal computer with Windows 7 [doc, 122kb]
Sample Packages – Advanced Level
- Write, design and produce business documents using Word 2010 [doc, 201kb]
- Create electronic presentations using PowerPoint 2010 [doc, 120kb]
- Organise schedules using Outlook 2010 [doc, 105kb]
- Design and produce spreadsheets using Excel 2010 [doc, 140kb]
- Create and use databases using Access 2010 [doc, 142kb]
Want to purchase a Resource Package?
Contact us to speak to a friendly Gateway Service Coordinator today.