VisAbility’s On 2 Employment program works with employers to create sustainable employment opportunities for people with vision impairment.
If you’re motivated with a real commitment to work and are job ready, we can match you with potential employers to secure a fulfilling role.
A Path to Success
We set you on a path to success by:
- Considering your unique skills, experience and work preferences
- Preparing you with the tools necessary to undertake employment in areas such as interview techniques
- Providing advice on assistive technology as required
- Working with you and your employer to support your employment needs in the workplace.
As a job candidate you will be supported before, during and after placement to ensure you are at ease and productive in your new role. We have established relationships with employers who can offer employment opportunities that reflect your skills and experience.
VisAbility is the only specialist employment program that is committed to empowering vision impaired West Australians to live an independent life.
The program has been made possible by seed-funding kindly provided by the Scottish Masonic Charitable Foundation.
Three Pillars of Success
On 2 Employment takes a hands-on approach to support candidates as they seek and settle into employment. The ongoing success of each placement relies on the commitment, cooperation and integrity of all three parties.
A successful placement can be achieved when all three parties uphold this code of conduct:
- Be 100% committed to achieving employment
- Attend all training and information sessions
- Maintain communication and work with On 2 Employment to develop an employment plan
- Consider employment opportunities for people who are blind or vision impaired
- Liaise with On 2 Employment to resolve any issues arising for new employees
- Work with On 2 Employment to source any assistive technology required
On 2 Employment
- Create employment opportunities in line with the agreed employment plan
- Initiate interviews with suitable employers
- Provide support before interviews and during placement
Ready to change your life?
Contact us to speak to a friendly Gateway Service Coordinator today.