Improve your health and fitness, mobility and confidence with our Exercise Physiology Program.
Movement is medicine. Exercise has been proven to reduce the risk of developing chronic illnesses like heart disease, dementia, diabetes, mental illness and many types of cancer.
Regular exercise can also help improve your mood, boost energy levels, improve your balance to prevent falls, strengthen your heart and lungs, regulate your blood sugar and protect your joints and bones. Exercise can even help you live longer!
What is Exercise Physiology?
Exercise Physiology is the science of the body and how it works. It is an evidence based approach to prescribing exercise for managing a wide variety of chronic and complex conditions.
Our Exercise Physiologist is a university trained specialist who will tailor an exercise program to empower you to reach your specific goals.
Available to people over the age of 18 and run in our Exercise Clinic in Victoria Park, the program provides access to specialised support and equipment adapted for people with disability or vision impairment.
Benefits of a VisAbility Exercise Physiology program include:
- Specialist support and equipment
- Evidence-based, holistic approach to improving your health and wellbeing
- Improved confidence and mobility to help prevent falls
- Expert advice on how you can move more to feel better long term.
Our team will meet with you to identify your goals through an initial assessment. Then we will create a specialised exercise program designed just for you.
Your plan may include:
- Specific or global strength based exercises to increase your muscle mass to help you with your everyday activities
- Balance exercises to help reduce falls and move well through your environment
- Aerobic exercises to improve your stamina and improve your overall cardiovascular fitness.
Accessing an Exercise Physiologist can be included in your NDIS or My Aged Care Plan.
Call our friendly team on 1800 847 466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to find out more.