We provide group support through the Living Well, Look Good, Feel Confident and Dining Skills programs.
The Living Well Program helps you understand the causes and effects of vision loss and its impact on everyday life. You’ll also have the opportunity to share your story and ideas with others in a similar situation to yours. The group is facilitated by a VisAbility Occupational Therapist.
- Understanding vision loss
- Maximising remaining vision and using other senses
- Staying in touch: phones, writing, alternatives to writing, time & date, and Assistive Technology
- Managing personal care: includes medication and money
- Home management: includes cooling and dining skills
- Stepping out:leisure and recreation, safety in the community, and mobility strategies and aids.
This program runs for six weeks and each weekly session is three hours. Call our friendly intake team on 1800 847 466 to reserve your place in the next group.
Look Good, Feel Confident
Have you ever struggled to find what you are looking for in your wardrobe or choose and put on make-up? How do you know if you have put together a great looking outfit that flatters you? The Look Good, Feel Confident program aims to equip you with the skills and knowledge to feel confident that you are looking your best.
The two hour sessions run each week for three weeks at VisAbility, 61 Kitchener Avenue, Victoria Park. Call our friendly intake team on 1800 847 466 to reserve your place in the next group.
This workshop will give you the skills to dine out with confidence. You’ll learn practical strategies to address common eating difficulties and then share a delicious lunch together to practice these skills.
This is one session of three hours. Call our friendly intake team on 1800 847 466 to reserve your place in the next group.
Ready to change your life?
Contact us to speak to our intake team today.