Orientation & Mobility
Your level of mobility has a significant impact on your independence, including your employment prospects, social life, self-esteem and participation in the community.
Orientation and Mobility Specialists can assist you to:
- Move confidently through space
- Make best use of remaining vision and other senses to find your way
- Find the safest travel routes to specific destinations such as shops, work, the doctor, gym, school or university
- Cross the road safely and independently
- Travel on buses and trains
- Use the most appropriate mobility aid to meet your needs
- Develop skills for self orientation, including echolocation
- Receive help and support to access the community.
Ready to change your life?
Contact us to speak to a friendly Gateway Service Coordinator today.