Therapy for Children & Youth
VisAbility’s Children and Youth Service has recently broadened its scope to provide therapy to children with any disability whilst remaining the specialist provider of choice to children with a vision impairment.
What you can expect from us:
- A personalised service where we work with you in planning and delivering your child’s therapy.
- A team approach to therapy, including access to occupational therapy, speech pathology,
physiotherapy, social work and psychology.
- Therapy provided at home, childcare, school, in your community or at our Perron Centre in
- Collaboration with educators, hospitals and other healthcare professionals in the form of facility
visits, reports, regular phone and email communication and joint planning meetings.
- Therapists with specialist training in Bobath, Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to
Feeding, Hanen, Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) as well as expertise in behaviour support,
toilet training and child development.
- Ongoing therapy support across the lifespan means a seamless transition through our Early
Childhood, School Age and Adult Services.
- Group services including Playgroup, specific skills-based groups such as Kindy and School
Readiness, parenting groups and social and life skills for older children.
- Access to specialist services for children with a diagnosed vision impairment including
specialised playgroups, school holiday programs, orthoptic vision assessments, orientation and
mobility training, assistive technology and a resource library with talking and tactile books.
- Video-conferencing as a way of providing therapy services to children across Western Australia.
Grace was born into a loving and caring family who will always encourage, support and celebrate her achievements. Now with the wonderful assistance of VisAbility, Grace has an even bigger family, a family for life.
Ready to change your life?
We accept referrals from parents, teachers, medical specialists, allied health professionals and child health nurses. Please complete a Therapy for Children and Youth Referral Form or contact one of our friendly Team Coordinators for further information.