COVID-19 Updates and Information
Last Updated 29/07/2020 at 14:00
We are pleased to announce that we have returned to providing services and therapy face-to-face.
We are continuing to offer online therapy alongside face-to-face to suit the requirements of our clients.
Perron Place in Victoria Park has re-opened with comprehensive sanitisation processes in place. Visitors will be asked to cleanse their hands on entry to the building and observe current social distancing requirements.
As always your safety and security is our top priority.
- All clients have a choice of either face-to-face or online therapy depending on the needs and preferences of each client.
- All therapy staff have access to sanitation products, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Staff have completed training in the effective use of PPE, safe vehicle handover and sanitisation routines.
You may want to track the latest information about COVID being posted by The Department of Health on a web page called Coronavirus advice for people with a disability.
VisAbility Therapy Services
Therapy services available include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Orientation and Mobility
- Psychology and Social Work
- Assistive Technology support
- Exercise Physiology
VisAbility Specialist Services
We also have a range of other specialist services including:
- Orthoptics and vision assessments
- Community Activity Centre (CAC)
- Exercise Clinic – with limited numbers and by appointment
- Library Services – posting out audio cartridges from our Talking Library
- Resource Centre
- Accessible Information Services – Braille embossing and binding
- Children and Youth Services (CAYS) – including Vis Playgroup
- Cahoots Camps – will be introduced from October 2020
Our Youth Support Officer, Ryan Honschooten is available to speak to parents or young people. At this time he’ll be available via phone or Zoom.
We have security measures in place when we use Zoom and other platforms, these include locked meetings, waiting room features and password protection.
We have received great feedback about our online therapy and as result are continuing to provide this. Benefits include:
- Flexibility of scheduling appointments
- Reduced travel and costs for clients
- Minimising risks
- For parents, increased family engagement during sessions and increased confidence
Our staff are experienced in online therapy services.
In 2015 we pioneered an innovative Remote Orientation and Mobility program using online therapy and in 2018 VisAbility was recognised with a HESTA Community Services sector award for this program.
What you can do
We continue to encourage our clients to stay safe and that includes:
- Being mindful of social distancing, ideally keeping 1.5 metres apart from anyone else
- Washing your hands with soap and water (preferable) or sanitiser where not available
- Contacting your GP if you feel you are developing any symptoms which may be COVID-19 related, and of course letting us know should this arise
- Regularly spraying down hard surfaces and tops
- Minimising physical contact with the elderly and people at high risk, especially people with suppressed immune systems or ongoing health conditions.
How we will keep you informed
We will continue to provide updates on our service provision as we move forward. If you have further queries contact our Client Experience Team Service Co-ordinators on CETenquiries@visability.com.au
Other useful information about COVID-19
The Australian Government’s Department of Health website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. The National Disability Insurance Agency is also providing information which may be of assistance.
If you have questions regarding continued service provision or the above information, please contact us.
COVID-19 Accessible Documents
Would you like to learn and know more about COVID-19? Please download our accessible PDF resources below. If you require the information below in any other alternative formats (audio, braille, accessible word, epub), please email email@example.com
- What are the updates to services? Download the VisAbility Client Notice to find out more:
- How can productivity be increased during COVID-19? Download the free Occupational Therapist Guide to learn more.
- What are the management and operational plan for people with Disability? Download the Management and Operational Plan for People with Disability document to find out more.
- Would you like to know what the frequently asked question on COVID-19 received by the Australian Government Department of Health is? Download the free Department of Health – Frequently Asked Questions to find out.
- How can COVID-19 symptoms be identified? Download WHO’s COVID-19 – Identifying the symptoms document to learn more.
- What is the right method to wash and dry your hands? Download the Wash and dry hands guide from the Department of Health to learn more.
- Would you like to know how medicines can be prescribed when you are confined to your home during COVID-19? Download Department of Health’s Prescriptions via Telehealth Guide to find out.
- How can you keep your mind active during COVID-19’s self-isolation period? Download Think Mental Health WA’s resources below to learn more:
- How can you help your children cope with stress during COVID-19? Download Think Mental WA’s Help your child cope with stress to find out.
- What are the self-isolation criteria in Western Australia during COVID-19? Download the resources below to find out:
- What can you do if you feel overwhelmed by COVID-19 and need to talk to someone for additional support? Download the Support services document to find out.
- How can you get support for Family and Domestic Violence during COVID-19? Download the FDV Support During Coronavirus to find out.
- How do you set up a workstation at home during COVID-19? Download the following Workstation Setup Guide during COVID-19 document to find out more.
- How do you cope with stress during COVID-19? Download the following Coping with Stress during COVID-19 document to find out.
- How to respond to family conflict during COVID-19. Download the Family Conflict factsheet to find out.
- How to clean and disinfect to reduce the spread of COVID-19? Download the Cleaning info sheet to reduce COVID-19 spread to find out more.
- How is Western Australia looking into carefully easing COVID-19 restrictions and bring Western Australians back to work safely and beginning the process of restarting the State’s economy? Download the resources below to find out.