COVID-19 Updates and Information
Last Updated 18/08/2020 at 16:00
We are pleased to announce that we have returned to providing services and therapy face-to-face. We are continuing to offer online therapy as well to suit the requirements of our clients.
Perron Place in Victoria Park has re-opened with comprehensive sanitisation processes in place.
As always your safety and security is our top priority.
- All clients have a choice of either face-to-face or online therapy depending on the needs and preferences of each client.
- All therapy staff have access to sanitation products, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Staff have completed training in the effective use of PPE, safe vehicle handover and sanitisation routines.
VisAbility Therapy Services
Therapy services available include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Orientation and Mobility
- Psychology and Social Work
- Assistive Technology support
- Exercise Physiology
VisAbility Specialist Services
We also have a range of other specialist services including:
- Orthoptics and Vision Assessments
- Community Activity Centre (CAC)
- Exercise Clinic – available by appointment
- Youth Support Services
- Library Services – posting out audio cartridges from our Talking Library
- Resource Centre
- Accessible Information Services – Braille embossing and binding
- Children and Youth Services (CAYS) – Youth Support Officer, Ryan Honschooten is available as required.
- Vis Playgroup – is now face-to-face every Wednesday.
- Cahoots Camps – will be introduced from October 2020
We have received great feedback about our online therapy and as result are continuing to provide this. Benefits include:
- Flexibility of scheduling appointments
- Reduced travel and costs for clients
- Minimising risks
- For parents, increased family engagement during sessions and increased confidence
Our staff are experienced in online therapy services.
In 2015 we pioneered an innovative Remote Orientation and Mobility program using online therapy and in 2018 VisAbility was recognised with a HESTA Community Services sector award for this program.
If you have further queries contact our Client Experience Team Service Co-ordinators on CETenquiries@visability.com.au
Our Hobart office in Elizabeth Street, has re-opened. People requiring assistive technology, or
equipment demonstrations can make appointments to visit us in the Hobart
office. Bookings must be made via email or phone 6232 1222 prior to appointments.
In the recently expanded centre at Bellerive, the Children’s Therapy Centre
had name change to Kites Children’s Therapy and all services are in full
Our Launceston office remains closed while we relocate to our new premises.
We are still providing service to all our northern clients as usual. Check the
VisAbility Tasmania Facebook page for new developments.
Other useful information about COVID-19
COVID-19 Accessible Documents
The Department of Communities has produced some information in a variety of accessible formats so you can receive the latest news.
Download the accessible Wash and dry hands guide from the Department of Health and continue to clean and disinfect to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Download the accessible Cleaning info sheet to reduce COVID-19 spread to find out more