Do you struggle to find your way around at dusk or at night time? It can be challenging if you have limited vision when there’s not much natural or artificial light.
VisAbility has devised a six-week program to help support you to develop your night orientation and mobility (O&M) skills.
The program will be run by qualified orientation and mobility specialists and delivered in small groups, so you feel better equipped and have more confidence to go out at night.
When: 5:30pm – 8:00pm, Tuesday 6 July
Where: VisAbility, 61 Kitchener Avenue, Victoria Park. After the first session, different locations will be selected depending on the objectives.
Cost: Sessions can be funded under:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Home Care Package (HCP)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs; or
- Fee-for-service funding.
The program explores:
- Safety tips for night travel
- Environmental challenges and psychological challenges
- Advice to better use your long cane at night time
- Orientation skills to help you understand where you are in your environment
- Identifying different road crossings at night
- Accessing public transport at night time
Want to join?
To participate you need:
- A previous O&M assessment and enough experience to walk two routes independently.
- If you don’t have this, then we can offer you a one-on-one assessment in advance to prepare you for the session.
Fill in the form below to reserve your place.