Welcome back to our collection of Stories of Independence. Guest writers are invited to share their own personal experiences, or express their views on the world around them. Rishi, a client of VisAbility Children’s Services shares his journey to school, and how this has had a tremendous impact on his confidence and independence.
Let’s step into Rishi’s shoes. This is his story.
“My Journey Gives Me Confidence, by Rishi.
I really like catching public transport because it has improved the confidence in my life. The journey is about 20 minutes to school. Sometime I would see a friend on the journey. I take the train from Bassendean to Midland station then catch a bus to Lasalle college.
Here are some tips for beginners who want to catch public transport:
- Always be organised
- Always have money or your smartrider on you
- If you need help just ask one of the Transperth staff
- If you are going with a friend make sure to ask them these two questions…
- Do you know which service we are catching?
- Do you have money or a smartrider?
Those are some tips that could be helpful and useful. That was my story on how I catch public transport to school.”