Using LEGO® and working on projects can help a child to grow their skills in areas such as sharing, problem-solving, turn-taking, following rules and communicating.
Join us over four action-packed sessions run by Psychologist and Certified Facilitator of LEGO® based therapy, Kristie and Therapy Assistant, Lisa.
Your child will be supported to form connections with other children, developing their social skills in a supportive and stimulating environment. The LEGO® Group emphasizes collaborative problem-solving and turn-taking while working towards a shared goal.
What are the benefits of LEGO® group?
- Encourages collaborative play in a relaxed, secure environment
- Builds relationships and social skills
- Improves fine motor skills and hand strength
- Promotes turn-taking, problem-solving and working towards a shared goal
- Motivates children to communicate effectively with each other
Who would suit this group?
This group is for children between the ages of 6-10 years old who:
- Can communicate verbally or independently with an assistive device
- Have a willingness to play with peers with some independence from an adult
- Enjoy and have an interest in LEGO®
- Have a basic level of listening skills
Dates: 17, 18, 24 & 25 January 2024
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Where: 61 Kitchener Avenue, Victoria Park WA 6100
Cost: Total cost $775.92. NDIS clients may be able to participate in this group using their NDIS funding. Fee for Service clients are welcome
How to join the LEGO® Workshop
Afternoon LEGO® group for older kids?
Do you have a 10-13 year old who would like to join LEGO® Group? With enough interest, we’ll offer another group for older kids. Please tell us if an afternoon group for older kids is of interest to you.
We will assess each child’s suitability before commencing the program. All LEGO® is supplied. Children should bring a small snack and water bottle to the sessions.