There can be challenges to finding employment if you live with vision impairment or disability.
We aim to help overcome these challenges by providing:
- Job seekers with one to one support to give you the training and skills to secure employment and build your career.
- Employers with free advice, support and access to grants and funding to help create a fully inclusive workplace.
We have partnered with one of Australia’s leading Disability Employment Service (DES) Providers, CoAct.
NDIS supported employment
We are NDIS registered providers of disability employment services.
We operate much like an employment agency; we work with disability confident employers to offer jobs for people with sensory disabilities.
Sensory disabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Blindness and vision impairment
- Hearing loss*
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
* We have an AUSLAN certified team member
For job seekers
We aim to help you find a job and give onsite and offsite support for you to maintain it for 12 months and beyond.
We work with people of all ages, but with a particular focus on providing:
- School leaver employment supports for 17-25 year olds
- Employment for people with disability aged 45 or older
- Support for self-employed opportunities
What support do we provide to find a job?
We will arrange an initial consultation to better understand your:
- Barriers, individual needs and challenges.
- Strengths or weaknesses.
- Career interests or particular job goals.
… And create a tailored job search support plan which includes:
- Practical training and workshops such as resume writing, interview tips and communication etc.
- Matching you to opportunities with positive about disability employers who are a good match for your skills.
What happens after you start your new career?
Once you have found employment, support does not stop after your first day of a new job – you will continue to receive onsite and offsite support for up to 12 months including:
- Workplace modifications where required
- Regular, weekly check-ins
What makes us different to other disability employment services?
- We listen, understand and care
- AUSLAN certified team member
- Highly experienced, small, friendly team
- Dedicated staff member – you only have to tell your story once
- Tailored plan with clear goals, based on interests, skills etc
- Support does not stop on the first day of a new job
- We don’t work with just anybody – we make sure employers are positive with the right attitude
- We work with employers to make sure the right supports and modifications are in place.
We want to help you to create a safe and fully inclusive workplace to provide more employment opportunities for people living with vision impairment or disability. Our services are provided free of charge to employers and are tailored to your specific needs.
We work with you to understand your needs and ensure potential candidates are fully prepared and ready to start work. This could include:
- Practical workshops and training to ensure job seekers have the right skills.
- Conducting workplace assessments
- Access to grants and funding for purchase of assistive technology equipment or modifications to a workplace
- Advice about tools and resources
Following employment, we continue to provide support, both onsite and offsite to ensure your needs are met and you are able to maintain the position for 12 months or longer.
Disability Awareness Training
We can provide access to Disability Awareness training for existing staff and management to help:
- Staff to be more confident and comfortable working alongside someone with a disability
- Management to understand their responsibilities under the Discrimination Act (link opens in new window) and develop skills and knowledge further.
How to get support
Please complete the form below to make an initial enquiry about the disability employment services and support we can provide.