Exercise Physiology is the science of the body and how it works. It uses exercise to manage chronic and complex conditions.
Movement is medicine. Exercise has been proven to reduce the risk of developing chronic illnesses like heart disease, dementia, diabetes, mental illness and many types of cancer.
Regular exercise can also help improve your mood, boost energy levels, improve your balance to prevent falls, strengthen your heart and lungs, regulate your blood sugar and protect your joints and bones. Exercise can even help you live longer.
Our Exercise Physiology program provides:
- Specialist support and equipment
- An evidence-based, holistic approach to improving your health and wellbeing
- Expert advice on how you can move more to feel better, long term
For children, this service can help your child to:
- Increase their daily physical activity
- Create good habits for life
- Encourage physical literacy: the ability of confidence and desire to be physically active for life
- Improve ability and physical competence
- Improve fundamental movement skills, such as jumping, throwing and catching
- Participate in activities that are fun, healthy and build connection
For adults, this service can help you to:
- Improve your confidence
- Increase your muscle mass to help you with your everyday activities
- Reduce falls and move well through your environment
- Improve your stamina and overall cardiovascular fitness
Our team will meet with you to identify your goals through an initial assessment. Then we’ll create a specialised exercise program, designed just for you, which could include hydrotherapy.
We use adapted measures for assessment, and then adapt exercises to enable people with vision impairment to increase their independence with exercise and physical activity.
Our Exercise Physiologist is accredited by Exercise and Sports Science Australia (link opens in new window), the peak professional body and sole accrediting authority for Accredited Exercise Physiologists.
Find out more about how exercise physiology has helped John, who lives with vision impairment following a stroke or Narelle, who is blind, improve her health get in touch with us today to start your own exercise program.