This hands-on, practical course will show you how to use Mailchimp accessibility features to create emails that can be read by people living with vision impairment and will:
- Outline the background to web accessibility standards and their continued importance.
- Demonstrate how to create email campaigns in Mailchimp that can be easily understood by people living with vision impairment.
- Our experienced Digital Accessibility Consultant trainer will talk you through the process and provide a step-by-step handbook for reference, post-course.
- Background to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 (link opens in new window).
- Understand how people with vision impairment engage with digital content.
- Step-by-step workshop to teach best practice processes for creating email newsletters and templates.
In this workshop, you will be shown accessibility techniques on how to make your newsletters accessible and inclusive using Mailchimp.
- Correct text/background colour contrast
- Setting up an accessible email template
- Defining and styling body and heading tags
- Managing images
Who is this course for?
- Individuals and organisations with staff or customers living with vision impairment.
- Individuals and organisations that use Mailchimp to produce email content for the public.
This course is suitable for people with an intermediate understanding of using Mailchimp.
Course material includes:
Step-by-step handbook to creating accessibility within Mailchimp.
Workshops are held at VisAbility in Victoria Park. Please contact us for further information on running the workshop at your own premises.
Contact us for a quote.
2023/24 workshop dates:
- Thursday 5 October 2023
- Thursday 25 January 2024
- Thursday 4 April 2024
- Thursday 13 June 2024
- Participants to bring a laptop or tablet with active Mailchimp account
- (Onsite) Room set up in classroom format
- (Onsite) Data projector and screen
- Access for All
- Access for all
- How to create accessible Word documents
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
- How to make accessible EPUB documents in Word
- Create accessible PowerPoint presentations
- Run accessible meetings in MS Teams
- How to make accessible reflowable EPUBs in Adobe InDesign
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe InDesign
- How to write Easy English
- How to make social media accessible
- Braille classes
How to book training:
Please complete the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements further.