This hands-on, practical course will show you how to make social media accessible and will:
- Outline the background to web accessibility standards and their continued importance.
- Our Digital Accessibility Consultant trainer will demonstrate how to make social media content accessible and inclusive for people living with vision impairment.
- Recommend accessible ways of engaging with a public audience through email and social media channels.
- Background to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 (link opens in new window)
- Understand how people with vision impairment engage with online/digital content.
- Learn how to use inbuilt accessibility tools of the most popular social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc).
- Using Microsoft Outlook’s accessibility tools.
- Step by step workshop to teach best practice processes for creating social content.
- Social media accessibility and guidelines
- Managing images in social media platforms and Microsoft Outlook
- Creating video transcript and caption files
- Uploading video caption files to Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Creating accessible emails in Outlook.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals and organisations with staff or customers living with vision impairment.
- Individuals and organisations that produce social media or email content for the public.
This course is suitable for people with an intermediate understanding of social media platforms and Microsoft Outlook.
Course material includes:
- Step-by-step handbook to creating accessibility within social media platforms and Microsoft Outlook.
- Tips and tricks to implement accessibility and speed up the editing process.
Workshops are held at VisAbility in Victoria Park. Please contact us for further information on running the workshop at your own premises.
Contact us for a quote.
2023/24 workshop dates:
- Thursday 7 December 2023
- Thursday 28 March 2024
- Thursday 6 June 2024
- Participants to bring a laptop or tablet with Microsoft Outlook installed.
- (Onsite) Room set up in classroom format
- (Onsite) Data projector and screen
- Access for all
- How to create accessible Word documents
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
- Mailchimp accessibility made easy
- How to make accessible EPUB documents in Word
- Create accessible PowerPoint presentations
- Run accessible meetings in MS Teams
- How to make accessible reflowable EPUBs in Adobe InDesign
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe InDesign
- How to write Easy English
- Braille classes
How to book training:
Please complete the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements further.