Feedback and Complaints
At VisAbility, we are proud of our service to clients and customers. We welcome all feedback including compliments, complaints or suggestions as they help us provide the best service we can offer.
- Feedback Telephone Line
- Suggestion Forms
- Consultation Contact Register
- My Care, My Choice
- Complaints Process
Feedback Telephone Line
We have a dedicated telephone number for our clients to use for service-related comments. A recorded message may be left at any time, anonymously if preferred.
Feedback Line: (08) 9311 8219
To submit your feedback online, please complete the Online Consumer Feedback Form. A copy of your feedback will be sent to your email address, and feedback can be provided anonymously if preferred.
Alternatively you can email email@example.com with the relevant information.
Clients and visitors may submit feedback about our services by using a suggestion form. The forms, in large print, audio and Braille formats, are available from our offices in Victoria Park, Hobart and Launceston, or by post on request.
Completed forms may be:
- Handed to a staff member
- Placed in the box provided at our Victoria Park, Hobart and Launceston offices
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted to VisAbility’s Gateway Team at PO Box 101 Victoria Park WA 6979.
Consultation Contact Register
VisAbility maintains a Consultation Contact Register of clients who are interested in having a say, getting involved in consultations and in contributing their feedback. Find out more about the Consultation Contact Register, or sign up using the Consultation Contact Register Form.
My Care My Choice
If you have a complaint
As someone who interacts with our organisation (an external stakeholder), there might be an occasion when you want to express a complaint about us without fear of any unfavourable consequences. We understand this and have developed a process to make it possible because we welcome any opportunity to improve our services.
How to let us know
You can let us know how you are feeling via:
- speaking to a person face-to-face
- telephone – either on the main switchboard number (9311 8202) or the feedback/comment telephone line (9311 8219)
- in print, Braille, audio or electronic format (including our online contact form) or via our generic email address: email@example.com or to the Executive Manager: Client Services: Kary.Macliver@visability.com.au
You may involve another person as an advocate at any stage of our complaints process.
Behaviour of all parties
Your complaint will be received with a positive attitude and treated promptly and fairly. When engaged in our complaints process, VisAbility expects its staff, volunteers and stakeholders to: respect each other’s dignity; be fair and courteous to each other; keep all matters confidential and give high priority to resolving the complaint.
VisAbility will not respond to complaints made by any person whose conduct during the process is unreasonable.
If your complaint is not quickly resolved, it will be passed onto a manager or executive staff member.
- will let you know, within two working days, that your complaint has been received; and
- will tell you how long we expect it will take us to resolve your complaint; and
- may contact you further if more details or discussion are required; and
- will contact you every ten working days at least to inform you of the progress of your complaint until it is finalised.
If you do not find this response satisfactory, please let us know. Should you wish to refer the matter to an external organisation, contact details are below.
Health and Disability Services Complaints office
- Complaints and enquiries line: (08) 6551 7600
- Country Free Call: 1800 813 583
- TTY: (08) 6551 7640
For more information please read our External Stakeholder Complaint Management Policy [doc, 37kb]. You can also download an abbreviated version of the External Stakeholder Complaint Management Policy (Abbreviated) [doc, 30kb].