If you live with vision impairment, what support do you need to live the life you want? Our multidisciplinary team is here to help you to live independently for longer. We tailor our support services into personalised solutions that nurture the skills and confidence you need to live life to the full.
Services are provided from our centre in Victoria Park; in your home, workplace, local TAFE or university, or anywhere within your local community.
How to get support
If you have a diagnosis of vision impairment, please contact our friendly team to find out what low vision services and support we can provide to you both now and into the future.
Our services include:
- Orientation and mobility courses and route training to get around independently.
- Low vision aids and equipment or occupational therapy support to make life easier in your home.
- Help to stay physically active with exercise physiology.
- Support from a social worker or psychologist to talk about how you’re feeling if you’ve been newly-diagnosed with a vision impairment.
- Assistive technology or accessibility training for your workplace.
- Support and training to find and maintain employment.
- Support to remain social and join in group activities.
- Connect to other low vision support groups and services within the community.
We run a number of group programs for adults with low vision, which are designed to be fully accessible and inclusive for adults living with a vision impairment.
- Dining Skills – learn practical strategies and skills for dining with confidence
- Living Well – understand vision loss and its impact on everyday life. Share stories and get practical tips for remaining independent.
- Night Orientation and Mobility – get practical help to understand and overcome challenges associated with night blindness and travelling in low light.
- Look Good, Feel Good – learn how to put together a great outfit, apply make-up and more.
- Cooking Skills – learn basic, practical skills to prepare food and cook a meal.
Other therapies and services include:
Find out more about funding options available.
How to get support
Please complete the form below to make an initial enquiry about our low vision services and support we can provide. Our Client Experience Team will contact you to discuss your individual needs, both now and into the future.
If you are a provider and wish to refer a client, please use our low vision medical certificate (online referral form) to make your referral.