Imagine the life you want to lead. Together, we’ll make it a reality.
What support do you need to live the life you want? Our multidisciplinary team is here to help you at every stage of life, whether you’re on a mission to live independently, build a career, or meet new people and enjoy new experiences.
Services are provided from our centre in Victoria Park; in your home, workplace, local TAFE or university, or anywhere within your local community.
We tailor our low vision support services into personalised solutions that nurture the skills and confidence you need to live life to the full. Your life, your way.
Our services can support you to:
- Get around independently
- Use aids and equipment in your home
- Stay physically active
- Talk to someone about how you’re feeling
- Access technology for your workplace
- Upskill, undertake training and look for employment
- Join in groups and activities
- Connect to other support services within the community
We run a number of group programs each week, which are designed to be fully accessible and inclusive for adults living with a vision impairment.
- Dining Skills – learn practical strategies and skills for dining with confidence
- Living Well – understand vision loss and its impact on everyday life. Share stories and get practical tips for remaining independent.
- Night Orientation and Mobility – get practical help to understand and overcome challenges associated with night blindness and travelling in low light.
- Look Good, Feel Good – learn how to put together a great outfit, apply make-up and more.
- Cooking Skills – learn basic, practical skills to prepare food and cook a meal.
Learn more about the different Group Programs for adults.
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational therapy
- Orientation and mobility
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Assistive technology
- Guide Dogs
- Library services
- Group programs
- Access consultancy
- Training and workshops
We can also support you to access a range of support services and facilities in the community, including blind sports organisations and advocacy bodies.
The online VisAbility Shop offers a range of low vision aids and equipment. You can also visit our resource centre to trial equipment and purchase it onsite.
Find out more about funding options available.