If you live with vision impairment, we are here to provide the support you require in your senior years. Our range of low vision services and multidisciplinary team will provide support tailored to suit you. And connect you to a community of seniors who, like you, are living with low or no vision.
Services can be provided from our centre in Victoria Park or in your home, workplace, aged care facility or residential community. Wherever you need support to continue doing the things you love.
How to get support
If you have a diagnosis of vision impairment, please contact our friendly team to find out what low vision services and support we can provide to you both now and into the future.
There are also a number of low vision support groups within Perth and across the state, which can connect you with like-minded people to build friendships and offer support.
Our range of services include:
- Occupational therapy to get help to read, cook or complete tasks or modify your home to work better for you
- Orientation and mobility services can help you get around safely and independently
- Low vision aids and equipment in your home through the VisAbility Shop. You can also visit our onsite shop to trial equipment and purchase directly.
- Exercise physiology to stay physically active, retain strength and help prevent falls
- Social Workers to talk about how you’re feeling
- Access a talking book library for recreational reading
- Get involved in groups and activities
- Get help with assistive technology or assistance with your mobile phone or computer
We run a number of Seniors Group Programs each week, which are designed to be fully accessible and inclusive for seniors living with a vision impairment.
- Practical, hands-on programs, such as arts and crafts and pottery
- Mind and body sessions such as creative writing and men’s and women’s interest groups
Other therapies and services:
We offer a range of other low vision services including:
Find out more about funding options available.
How to get support
Please complete the form below to make an initial enquiry about the low vision services and support we can provide. Our Client Experience Team will contact you to discuss your individual needs both now and into the future.
If you are a provider and wish to refer a client, please use our low vision medical certificate (online referral form) to make your referral.