Whatever support you need, to do whatever you love.
Living independently at home. Getting out and about. Making life easier and more enjoyable. Whatever support you require in your senior years, we’re here for you, with services and a multidisciplinary team we’ll tailor to suit your changing needs.
More than simply providing services, at VisAbility we’ll connect you. To a team of specialists. To support that we’ll tailor to suit you. And to a community of seniors who, like you, are living with low or no vision.
Services are provided from our centre in Victoria Park or in your home, workplace, aged care facility or residential community. Wherever you need support to continue doing the things you love.
Our services can support you to:
- Find it easier to read, cook or complete tasks
- Get around independently
- Provide aids and equipment in your home
- Modify your home to work better for you
- Stay physically active
- Talk to someone about how you’re feeling
- Access a talking book library for recreational reading
- Get involved in groups and activities
- Learn to use new technologies
We run a number of group programs each week, which are designed to be fully accessible and inclusive for seniors living with a vision impairment.
- Practical, hands-on programs, such as arts and crafts and pottery
- Technology/computer sessions
- Mind and body sessions such as creative writing and men’s and women’s interest groups
Learn more about the different Group Programs for Seniors.
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational therapy
- Orientation and mobility
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Assistive technology
- Guide Dogs
- Library services
- Group programs
- Access consultancy
- Training and workshops
The online VisAbility Shop offers a range of low vision aids and equipment. You can also visit our resource centre to trial equipment and purchase it onsite.
Find out more about funding options available.