If feedback is anything to go by, one of our most popular practical group therapy courses would probably be the Living Well program.
People who have completed this six-week course have told us that it has helped transform their life, knowing there are strategies and tools which exist to make day-to-day activities easier.
Our clients also find it therapeutic as they have been able to share their own personal stories. This may include swapping their own tips which they’ve learned through trial and error which may benefit others.
One of our previous clients, Ann, told us how useful it had been talking to different people and realising everyone was facing challenges and that they all experienced similar situations. She enjoyed discovering what was working best for them at home.
The sessions are informal, held in small groups in order to create a welcoming atmosphere. There’s plenty of guidance and inside advice with questions being welcome.
Led by experienced occupational therapists, the program is three hours long in duration and held over a period of six weeks. It includes practical demonstrations of aids available from our Independent Living Shop in order to help you live the life you want to.
Living Well – practical course content
If you want to secure your place act now so you can allocate the necessary NDIS funding and reserve your place.
Subjects covered include:
- Understanding vision loss
- Learning about common eye conditions and the effects
- Maximising remaining vision and making the most of your senses
- Staying in touch with others
- Products and aids which can help you around the house
- Managing personal care
- Household management including strategies to assist you
- Community participation and maintaining confidence
- Learn more about services provided by VisAbility
- Gain insight into other valuable, practical services provided by other community organisations
It’s not just about educating yourself and learning better strategies, it’s also a great way to forge new friendships.
Some clients have enjoyed it so much, they’ve enquired as to whether we can offer a refresher course. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
Contact us to secure your place or call us on 1800 847 466.
Why not take a look at our other group programs available as well?