This hands-on, practical course will teach you how to create accessible PowerPoint documents and will:
- Outline the background to web accessibility standards and their continued importance.
- Demonstrate how to make a PowerPoint document accessible so that it can be easily understood by people with vision impairment.
- Our Digital Accessibility Consultant will talk you through the tools to use for each process and provide a step-by-step handbook for reference, post-course.
- Background to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 (link opens in new window).
- Understand how people with vision impairment engage with printed documentation.
- Screenreader demonstration on inaccessible vs accessible documents to understand how screen reading and other assistive technology works.
- Learn how to use Microsoft’s inbuilt accessibility and template tools in Windows and Office suite.
- Discover free third party online tools that assess existing document accessibility and offer practical advice and processes for fixing them.
- Step-by-step workshop to teach best practice processes for creating PowerPoint Presentations.
- Organising the reading order for the slides
- Correct text/background colour contrast
- Document/template structure and headings
- Font sizes and paragraph styling
- Image labelling and description
- Creating informative hyperlinks
- Managing tables and lists
- Quick wins and handy tips
Who is this course for?
- Individuals and organisations with staff or customers living with vision impairment.
- Individuals and organisations that produce information for the public.
This course is suitable for people with an intermediate level of competence with Microsoft PowerPoint.
Course material includes:
- Step-by-step handbook to creating accessibility within PowerPoint presentations
- Tips and tricks to implement accessibility and speed up the editing process.
Workshops are held at VisAbility in Victoria Park. Please contact us for further information on running the workshop at your own premises.
Contact us for a quote.
2023/24 workshop dates:
- Thursday 26 October 2023
- Thursday 15 February 2024
- Thursday 25 April 2024
- Participants to bring a laptop or tablet with MS Word installed
- (Onsite) Room set up in classroom format
- (Onsite) Data projector and screen
- How to create accessible Word documents
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
- Mailchimp accessibility made easy
- How to make accessible EPUB documents in Word
- Create accessible PowerPoint presentations
- How to make accessible reflowable EPUBs in Adobe InDesign
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe InDesign
- How to make social media accessible
- Braille classes
- Access for all
How to book training:
Please complete the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements further.